Skip to main content

Ha.

 
Today, this really isn't very funny.
It's very true.
And real.
Too real.
 
My parents both have wonderful teeth.
My one and only sister has nice teeth.
I do not.
I had a rotten tooth pulled before I even started school.
I had braces.
I've had fillings.
I've had gaps.
I've had extractions.
I've had reactions from pain medicines
BECAUSE
my.teeth.hurt.
 
But, I'd rather GO to the dentist
 and deal with the pain THEY can inflict,
 rather than live with the pain
 my own teeth have caused me.
I like dentists.
My real dentist is an Iron Man.
He wears funny socks.
He swims, then rides his bike, then runs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's talk about pain.
If a preacher tells you he's going to have to tell you the truth,
it will probably hurt.
If a doctor tells you to take a breath....
you better prepare yourself for something unpleasant.
If a dentist tells you a shot is going to hurt,
it WILL.
 
Pain comes in many forms.
 
The pain you get from getting your finger pinched between two bricks
is nothing like the dark feeling of pain your soul can have.
Falling off of a bike feels nothing like worrying about
somebody's welfare, happiness or safety.
Stubbing your toe hurts, but it's different than having to call
your insurance company to report a claim.
A claim that was your fault.
Because you're dumb.
The pain of getting bit by a stray dog isn't the same kind of
pain you feel when you LOSE a beloved dog.
The pain of missing a loved one isn't anything
like the pain of healing up after a surgery.
But it's all going to be pain in some form.

Pain is Pain
right?
 
It can be a noun:
physical suffering or distress, as due to injury, illness, etc.
a distressing sensation in a particular part of the body:
a back pain.
mental or emotional suffering or torment:
(now there's a nice word....TORMENT)
 
It can be a verb:
(used with object)
to cause (someone) mental or emotional pain; distress:
Your sarcasm pained me.
 
Physically, I have a high tolerance for pain.
That's why I let this wisdom tooth go for so long.
Cause I could *take it*.
But even I have a point where I can't take it anymore.
 
John 16:33  (KJV) These things I have spoken unto you,
 that in me ye might have peace.
 In the world ye shall have tribulation:
 but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Sooooo,  guess what?
We will live with some kind of pain
as long as we are on this earth.
And pain will come from every direction.
Whether it be a tooth,
a relationship,
a money problem,
or just a good old fashion heart-ache.....
Let the Lord be your strength.

Nahum 1:7King  (KJV)
 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble;
 and he knoweth them that trust in him.
 

 

Comments

Leslie Berridge said…
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I WILL TAKE MY PAIN OVER YOURS ANY DAY!! RIGHT?

YOU ARE A WAY WITH PAIN AND WORDS AND I LOVE YOU FOR IT.

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR WISDOM TEETH?
Grammie Kim said…
Michele, I am always amazed at how you put your finger right on the bruise...I have several pains that are not physical, but hurting for others. Well said, AGAIN, Mo. Well said.

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!