Skip to main content

disappointment



I got horribly disappointed today.
I have been eye-balling an old coffee pot at a thrift store
and I finally felt like I had the $$ to spend on it today.
I pick Kimberly up from work,
we to to McDonalds then to get a five dollar pizza.
Then we go to the thrift store.
I go over to *get* the coffee pot that HAS BEEN THERE FOR MONTHS.....
and a woman JUST put it in her cart.
I was very sad and disappointed.
I had great plans for it, and POOF.
I'll find another one.
What concerns me,
is the way I shop,
it could be years before one turns up with the personality this coffee pot had.
Yes, I will live.
And I will probably go right to sleep tonight.
But it's still disappointing.


Have you had summpin lik this happen lately?
maybe you were tickled?
excited?
miffed?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Rebecca said…
Hasn't happened lately, but it HAS happened to me. I feel so aggravated with myself. Temporarily "down" - but then I talk myself out of it and wonder why I think I need even one....more....thing!?!?!?
Sharon said…
Yes, this happened to me just the other day. I was walking through a huge antique mall and most of the items in the booths are too pricey for me, but there are some that are very reasonable (even deals). I saw this tin water can and it was a good deal, but thought I'd come back later to get it. As I was looking through the rest of the store, I happened to pass a lady with it in her buggy. *sigh* Disappointment.

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...