Skip to main content

4th of December


I just happened to look in a little book.....
and I saw that the day we picked up a little
big eared dog, from Nancy Wilson,
was December 4th.
 
It was a freezing cold day, and wet.
We got her home and needed to name her.
I like Dorothy, and call her Dot.
Because she was so little.
 
We named her Bunny.
Yes.
I know what a bunny is,
and I know what a dog is.
 
I've owned a few rabbits,
and I love rabbits....
so Bunny was the perfect name.
 


 
I read this book when I was little.
This little pup called Bitsy kept growing
bigger and bigger.
Bunny never really did.
What fit her 4 years ago, would fit her now.
 


She loves to sleep on the furniture.
She loves it when somebody is sick on the couch.
She will be right next to you all day long.
She is a true lap dog.
She can hear me open a package of *anything*
from the far reaches of the house.
 
She lives for the day
somebody drops something
on the floor.
Accidently, on purpose.
 

 
When Sheba came to us as a puppy, she was bigger than Bunny.
But only in size.
Bunny is actually bigger than Sheba.
 

 
They share beds when it is cold.
When Sheba was little and Bunny wasn't so old,
they used to play with an old knotted up t-shirt.
Sheba would drag Bunny around the dining room.
Not anymore.
 

 
Bunny took almost a year to house potty train.
It is best to not make eye contact with her
if you are a stranger.
She is a barker, but she will shut up.
She likes to sleep in her kennel.
She also sleeps on chairs under
the big eating table.  I think she likes to hide
while she takes naps.
She is a tad finicky.
She will stare at you the whole
time you eat a bowl of ice cream.
Ice cream is a little hard to drop
on the floor for a dog.
 
Bunny LOVES to go to Aunt Theresa's house,
and to visit Christina.
So when we go on a trip,
she doesn't mind a bit.
 
 
So, happy day to you Bunny.
And thanks for never biting anybody.
 


Comments

Anonymous said…
she is cute and sounds like a good dog and I hope you still have the original book of 5 beds for Bitsy...I always have wanted a dog that looks like Bitsy. kristi

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!