Skip to main content

Yesterday

 
I've been cleaning a lot of things lately.
Today I went through some pictures.
 
The first picture is of two grown women,
that used to be little girls, of course.
I babysat these two girls.
A lot.
The one on the left was just a couple months old
when she came into my life.
These two girls are the first kids I ever really took care of,
and spent so much time with.
Their parents were wonderful to me....
and I enjoyed being with all of them.
I think about them often, and wonder how they are doing.
And wonder if they think about me.
 

 
This little girl is Jenny Sue.
She was adopted.
She is the first kid I think about when
I think about adoption.
I must have graduated and moved away and
became very important.....because I don't remember
much more about Jenny Sue.
I just know her adopted mother was SO glad to
get a little daughter.
 


Everybody in America, had a 4th grade teacher.
I bet not very many of you had a 4th grade teacher that lived
in a blue house on the highway,
and lived to be 105.
This woman taught me long division.
Mrs. Adams.
I taught her something too.
Don't trust 4th graders.
 


This is my Aunt Gladys.
I think she looked like this the last time
I played Scrabble with her.
What I wouldn't do, to play one more game with her.
And laugh.  And talk.  And remember things with her.
And ask her questions.
Questions that will never be answered.
 


 
Left from Right
Aunt Gladys holding Steve.
Steve was my weird cousin.
He is still weird, today.
Aunt Katy
Aunt Frieda
My Granny
I remember my mom talking about Granny
and how she started wearing pants.
Women lost lots, when they started wearing pants.
They shouldn't have ever done it.
It's caused more troubles than we will ever know.
 
I love the dresses they wore a long time ago.
They don't make them like this anymore.
Guess they don't need to?
 
Cause everybody is wearing jeans?
 


I sold wedding dresses in a little shop,
in Dallas, at a mall called Redbird.
If I recall, we all had a pretty good time working there.
E.J., Patty, Gerrald, Shari.....
E.J. would waltz around singing: I love the Lord, He heard my cry.
Patty was always in the back putting on lipstick. 
Gerrald was always gone buying a corn-dog.
Shari just stood behind the desk and looked pretty.
Me?  I played dress up.
I got in the window all dressed up like this,
and scared people as they walked past.
That was a FUN day.
Too bad more days aren't like that day.
 


This was in Freeport.
Klarisa went around town with the four of us one day,
and took family pictures.
That was a fun day too, I guess.
I bet I got tired of smiling, though.
 

 
You know what it feels like to take pictures of something that
can't ever happen again.....then lose them on some
sort of electronic device?
I do.
I lost a whole pile of pictures of the twins after they were born,
I have quite a few, but I lost lots. 
This picture always makes me smile.
 


Comments

Leslie Berridge said…
This encourages me to get all my pictures off my phone when I get out of bed in the morning. I hope my phone doesn't crash before I do it!
Rebecca said…
What a trip down memory lane for you! Your mind has a lot of experiences to hold on to - and you sure come up with some great rabbit trails to go down...
Mo said…
I almost named my blog, Random Rabbits, but Rabbit Trails seems to describe it better......

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!