Skip to main content

Good-Bye Uncle Buddy


 
Today was Uncle Buddy's funeral.
I don't remember when I first met him.
I can't say I knew him all that well.
But being around people today,
 that DID know him well,
was just pretty special.
I knew he was a giver.
But I didn't know to what extent until today.
I heard stories about him today, that I've
not even come close to knowing in others.
He was so well liked at a certain restaurant,
that when the Christmas tree was put up,
with employee pictures on ornaments,
there was one of Uncle Buddy, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everybody in the place, had they been asked,
would have their own story about how Uncle Buddy,
at one time or another,
helped them in some way.
(we could have named many things, easily)
It's almost as if he LISTENED...
to what people said,
and WATCHED.....
what people did....
so he could turn around and help
with what was hurting
or needed attention.
I understand, that at funerals, nobody has anything
bad to say about the departed.
But today was different.
The memories and thoughts of people that spoke for him,
went deeper than usual.
He worked for the same company for many years,
and a few of the owners/brothers stood and spoke of what
Uncle Buddy was to them.
They said he was a man of his word.
He did what he said he was going to do.
Uncle Buddy was a man that did much for others.
But never wanted anybody to talk about it.
He could appear gruff,
but loved his dogs.....and even had a pet rabbit at one time.
He loved his family,
his job,
his friends,
and loved to fish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was just thinking......
The things people are going to say about us at our funeral,
the things people think about us at our death,
we are causing those things TODAY.
We are making memories for tomorrow,
today.
We are living in such a way that people
will be sad when we're gone.....
or glad.
I'm sad
that Uncle Buddy is gone.
Sad for others that loved him and will miss him.
Maybe sad that I didn't know him better.
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!