Skip to main content

Two Days



We sing a song in my girl Sunday School class,
that goes like this.....
 
Happy birthday to you,
everybody needs two.
How many have you?
Happy birthday to you.
 
In other words,
if you've had the physical birth,
you then need the spiritual.
Before you are saved,
you only HAVE the physical birthday.
The one your body enjoys.
The part of us that opens
presents and eats cake.
But we're more than just flesh.
 

 
John 3
 There was a man of the Pharisees,
 named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him,
 Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God:
 for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
 Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old?
 can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
 Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit,
 he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
 and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee,
 Ye must be born again.
 
 
 
After you ARE born again,
you then begin to enjoy two birthdays.
The physical, and the spiritual. 
The physical birth is kept track of....
so is the spiritual.
 
 
Revelation 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it
 any thing that defileth,
 neither whatsoever worketh abomination,
 or maketh a lie:
but they which are written in the
 Lamb's book of life.
 
Most of us have a birth certificate.
We'd also better have our name in the
Lamb's Book of Life.
 
 
NEW NAME WRITTEN DOWN IN GLORY
 
I was once a sinner, but I came
Pardon to receive from my Lord
This was freely given and I found
That He always kept His word.

Chorus:
There's a new name written down in glory
And it's mine, oh yes, it's mine
And the white-robed angels sing the story
"A sinner has come home!"
There's a new name written down in glory
And it's mine, oh yes, it's mine
With my sins forgiven I am bound for Heaven
Never more to roam

2.
I was humbly kneeling at the cross
Fearing not but God's angry frown
When the heavens opened and I saw
That my name was written down!

Chorus

3.
In the Book 'tis written, "Saved by Grace,"
O the joy that came to my soul!
Now I am forgiven, and I know
By the blood I am made whole!

Chorus
 
 
 
 
Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man,
 if he shall gain the whole world,
 and lose his own soul?
 


 
There is nothing more important.
Nothing more important in the whole wide world,
than being born again.
Eternity is a long, long, time....
Life on this earth is NOT long.
 
 
time without an end
 a state that comes after death and never ends
*ETERNITY*
 
In this life on earth,
we deal with numbers.
The national debt.
Our checking account.
How many miles our car has.
How far it is from point A to point B.
How much we weigh.
What year we were born.
Gas prices.
Math class.
 
But can we ever fathom eternity?
Because with something without end,
it means that after we've multiplied the national
debt a thousand times, you can do it a thousand
times more, then again.
Count the grains of sand on the beaches
of the oceans.....and the stars in the sky......
then do it a billion times more.
That's why the spiritual birth,
is so important.
 
 
 
Revelation 20:15
 And whosoever was not found written
 in the book of life
was cast into the lake of fire.
 
*FOREVER*
 
for eternity; for always; endlessly;
 at all times; always ·
 Informal a period of time
 that seems to have no end
 
 

 


Comments

Rebecca said…
Preach it, Michelle :)
We sing it:

Happy Birthday to you,
Only one will not do.
Born again means salvation.
How many have you?
Mo said…
I will make your little song, verse two.

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!