Skip to main content

32 years today

 

 

 


 
I no longer sign cards,
McEntire 8
 
But that's what we were for a long time.
It all started on May 28.
32 years ago,
with just two of us.
 


Just like any other marriage,
we have gone through seasons.
You don't realize it from day to day,
but change happens.
Ha, NONE of these things are in our back yard anymore.
It's all gone.
Except for the dumb tree
we should have kept mowing.
 
 
I wish I had pictures all in order to make a perfect
blog post of our married life.
But, I've never made it a priority to do so.....
so here we go random again.
 



When all of our kids are gone,
we will just be 2.....
right where we started.
 
 
Which is the way it's supposed to be.
You better finish what you start.
And like it.
 
I heard or read something a long time ago about marriage.
All these books,
seminars,
devotional thoughts,
lists of verses,
sermons,
and the like.....
speaking ONLY of marriage.....
can help.....but it is better to:
 
Follow the Whole Counsel of God.
 
Don't look for the verses with JUST wife, husband, marriage, love
 and words like that
to help you.
 
Read books about coveting.
Find  lists of verses about being kind.
Go to seminars about walking in the spirit.
Listen to sermons about having faith.
Make your OWN list on verses about anger.
Read the Proverbs.
Read the book of James.
Practice the 12th chapter of Romans.
 
While it's nice to have books especially for the subject you're thinking on,
don't limit your help.
For if you practice the Bible in general,
you will have a successful marriage.
 
Our cars have  changed, we've changed our addresses,
our friends have changed,
our yard is different,
we eat different than we did in the first years,
some years we went on vacation,
some we didn't,
we never have painted the house though.....
we've gotten so much different furniture
and clothes it would be impossible to keep up with it all,
I'm on my third washing machine,
we no longer have a dishwasher,
we tend to go to bed early and get up early,
I read less than I used to,
I have more flowers than I ever have,
my husband has more books than he used to,
we've painted a few rooms,
kids move out,
we have grandkids now,
we no longer have a house phone, only cell phones....
we used to not own a television,
now we do,
cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils,
Everything Changes
 
But not God's Word.
Isaiah 40:8
 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
I'm glad it has been my help the last 32 years.
I'm also glad God brought me from Kansas to Texas,
to bring James and I together.
And yes, I will Waltz Across Texas With You....
because I know when we're done,
you will take me somewhere fun,
and get me some coffee.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Leslie Berridge said…
Pretty much sums it up.....marry Gods chosen and stick with him. Be sure or don't marry him. When times get tough, argue with the chooser not the chosen. Realize the one that had to change is you, then as the years have gone by, see how you both changed!
Sara said…
Many happy waltzing years to come for both of you.
Humble wife said…
Happy Blessed Anniversary!!!
I love marriages that are longstanding. Praise God!
Grammie Kim said…
So many wonderful memories...then, now, and to come.

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!