Skip to main content

We parked in downtown ABQ.....
so we could walk the scenic mile to
the old downtown to shop.
Considering it was August, the weather was beautiful.
Good walking weather.
Good thing. 



Just some neat houses along the way.....



I haven't seen a water cooler for years.
I remember my Granny had one in her front room.
I would get in front of it and let
it spit water on me.
We can't have them where I live.
Everything would be dripping.
Even in July.




We shopped and shopped.
Then we ate at a place that was an old mansion.



This little shelf and magazine keeper was in a thrift store.
If I worked with wood,
I would make one just like it.



How about this?
A sun in the wind.
I love these two colors together.


This little area was one of the last places we shopped.
I bought a bar of licorice soap.
I keep it out so I can smell it.
I love black licorice.


I always like to have my picture taken in front
of a Ford Flex.


The walk home.....
yes I was tired.
But it was actually windy and cool.
In the summer.
Hard to wrap my head around that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...