Skip to main content

page 36-37

So, this book I'm reading has a chapter on camping.  The author had what he called a *perceptive* friend tell him about his week-end.  He said he kept hearing himself say these sorts of things....."I can't wait to get to the mountains......I can't wait till camp is set up......I can't wait till the fire is roaring.....I can't wait till the food is ready....Can't wait till we get in our sleeping bags....Can't wait for morning!"

His friend realized he spent the whole camp-out waiting and anticipating for other things to happen.....while losing all the joy of the experience.......it's an attitude of discontentment.

While we may not come out and say it where others can hear it....if we have this attitude, we will miss the day, the hour, the minute that we could be enjoying....enjoying the present.


I can't wait to get there.........why don't we just enjoy the drive?


I can't wait for *pink* blue-bonnets to bloom.....enjoy the blue ones!



I planted some other irises....I can't wait to see if they bloom.  ENjoY the ones that ARE blooming!


I can't wait for it to snow.  Well, this statement might be O.K......





I can't wait for you to grow up.........and they WILL.  Enjoy your little ones.


I can't wait to open presents, I can't wait for Christmas, I can't wait to decorate.....just listen to us.  Enjoy every day in December.


I can't wait for tomorrow..........if you only think and say things like that, you might just miss a beautiful cloudy, moonlit night.


Here's one I'm guilty of.  I might always be guilty of it.....I can't WAIT for Autumn.  I try every year to enjoy October, but just can't.


And here's Sheba,,,,,,waiting on a bigger rug.....but still enjoying the small one.


While I'm not a great lover of poster quotes from the 70's......I still think we ought to enjoy
each minute of each day and not always be *waiting* for something else good that
is surely going to happen.
Remember, your minutes make the days and weeks and months and years
of your life.
Life is a journey, salvation is not.

Comments

Rebecca said…
This is a great reminder. And I AM "enjoying the drive" :)
Anonymous said…
Such wisdom in these words.....
that was a much-needed reminder. thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!