Skip to main content

At the end of a perfect day.....

Earthly speaking, I had a wonderful day yesterday.  It started just like any normal day, good coffee.  I finished the book of Esther, I enjoy that story and now understand the Feast of Purim better.  


I wore my very favorite outfit (dark gray skirt, red top, plaid snap shirt)  and put on a little Sweet Honesty perfume....thanks Avon.  


The year is coming to an end and I'm getting closer to finishing my Bible reading.  I fixed up a new plan for next year, this year I will read a systematic chart.....starting with Genesis, ending with Revelation.


James gave me the printer he isn't using any more.  I haven't had a printer for years, it will really be nice to print off Hobby Lobby coupons and Sunday School papers.


While I was getting an area ready for the printer I found a little book on friendship.....I hope to fix it up for a friend with a January birthday.


The little birthday book I hope to fix up needed pictures.....Walgreen's had 25 free prints.  All you needed was the code.....now that was fun!


I fixed up a new cup for my pens and pencils..........it's a huge Starbuck's cup that is too big to drink coffee from.  Nobody can lift it if it's full.....of HOT coffee.


I watched a Martha Stewart holiday show.....we record shows and watch them later.....it was the one where her audience was asked to wear a Christmas Sweater.....even ones from the 80's.


James was in the office most of the day, we didn't have anywhere to go or anything to do.  We watched Restaurant Impossible together and ate ham sandwiches.  I also listened to American Pickers and a show on lawmen in Fairbanks, Alaska.  


I had two candles burning, a poinsettia in the front room and a pumpkin one in the kitchen.  The house smelled warm and yummy all day.


I had chicken and dumplings for lunch.....it's one of my most favorite food.  I can't choose it to be my birthday meal cause it just doesn't sound good in July!  I also had a piece of the oatmeal pie nobunny ate for the holidays.  It wept and wasn't beautiful........but it was good.


I picked a hand-ful of 4 O'clock seeds and put them in the kitchen window sill to save for the back yard this Spring.  


I play Angry Birds.......and I couldn't get past a level........and I finally did it!  


My mom from Kansas called and we had a nice visit.  I love to talk with her on the phone.


I played Evie, one of my old albums, on my new record player.  Never the Same Again......I enjoyed hearing all the songs again.  Good memories of when I first got saved.  


I got a few texts from our Kelly friends as they traveled North......the HUGE Buc-ees in Madisonville.........and Collins Street Bakery, the place we got our fruitcake.  


The girls were at somebunny's house playing games........so I knew they were having a good day, too.


I sewed Kimberly's Christmas cupcake fabric into a bag....with ric-rac and a pocket.  And a long strap.  


The weather was abbba-sa-loot-lee beautiful!  Chilly, blue skies, yellow leaves a fluttering in the breeze.  


I painted my toe-nails and went to bed with Burt's Bees milk and honey lotion on my hands.  


How was your day?



Comments

that DOES sound like a perfect day!
: ) how fun....
Mama Goose said…
What a wonderful day! The Olders and I each found quiet corners to curl up with good books and the newness of the Littles' Christmas gifts haven't worn off yet. All and all a good day here as well.

Funny, chicken (or turkey) and dumplings is a favorite here too... but NOT during summer either.
Rebecca said…
No way could I top YOURS! Good for you!
Cindy Rogers said…
What a great day!!! It is so nice to have just quiet, peaceful days in the midst of so much activity.
Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!