Skip to main content

Wednesday and Thursday


For some reason, it just tickles me when I see a dog stick his
head out of a car window.  This was during a traffic jam.
I wonder if his name was Peanut Butter?




We tried to tell them that we just wanted to drive on their roads....not buy them.




I love the houses up here.




A real choo-choo train to ride on.
How neat is that?




Spent some time with the Morrison family.
This is a diner.
Up here they don't pronounce the *er* like we do.




This would be a smorgasbord? In Texas it is a buffet.
The gift store in the basement is 41,000 square feet.
I kid you not.
The lobby had a sign....it asked people to please dress modestly.
Looks like everybody read it and did so.
So how in the world does a place like this have the right to ask people how to dress?
........nobody looked offended or mad about it either.
I wonder if anybody walked off oppressed and offended about the request.
Can you imagine if a church put a sign up?





I can't stop taking pictures of the farms.
It is beautiful here this time of year.
Like a green quilt.











You'll have to use your imagination here.
This field was full of fireflies.
Can you believe this?
I get a new camera and it has all kinds of settings...
but NO firefly in the field setting.
So, just use your imagination.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE the picture of the dog! And the farms are so pretty.

I can relate to what you are saying, I CANNOT figure out how to take a picture of fireflies at night. Of course I don't think anyone else can either because I tried Google Images and they didn't have any good pictures either.
Mo said…
If we could come up with some firefly pictures....JUST THINK !! But, let's not quit our day jobs yet.
Kristi said…
I'm loving your travel pics and comments. :)

~Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...