Skip to main content

My new mulch bucket........

Daniel needed to put some miles on his truck so his computer would hopefully start working so he can get it inspected........so I had him take me to get some medicine......and to stop at Lowe's on the way home. I've been wanting a mulch bucket that had a lid that wouldn't cause a struggle when it had to be removed.....like the one I had. I had to put the egg-shells ON THE FLOOR OR SOMEWHERE ELSE, JUST to get the lid off..........and whatever else you add to mulch buckets.........JUST to get the lid off of the silly container. I'm hoping this will be the answer to my problems. I like to dump kitchen trash into my mulch pile in the back yard.........and stir it and add it to whatever I'm planting. (of course, after it bakes and breaks down for a bit..........I also like to add leaves) There is a man that rakes his leaves (that lives near us) and bags them up and puts them on the sidewalk.........they're always such nice leaves with no trash, so I watch out this time of year for them.
!!



Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
~mulch bucket~

sounds like you need to write a chapter in your book with that title...
Mo said…
I didn't mean to write a lecture on the virtues of mulch.....it just happened.
Humble wife said…
LOVE the new bucket! Looks so neat:)
Mo said…
Yeah, it's really neat.
Except for one flaw.
The lid pops off of it sometimes.
Just out of the blue.
POP.
Anonymous said…
New chapter in ~mulch bucket~

Just out of the blue.
POP!
Mo said…
Are you laughing at me?
Peach said…
Is it metal?
How often do you dump it in the yard?
Does it stink up the house?
And, look! Your bucket has rays! Like a sun!!
Mo said…
It's metal.
It's from Lowe's.
They had red ones.
I dump it in the big mulch pile out back about every six days.
Then I rinse it out and let it dry.
It gets full about every 6 days or so.
We put egg shells, potato peelings, coffee grounds, tea bags and pattern pieces in it.
It's just what the doctor ordered.
And it doesn't smell and there's no bugs.
I guess I can call it my "sunshine pot"!

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!