Skip to main content

here kitty kitty


One cat is IN, the other is OUT. I think they're both o.k. with where they're at. I just wish they wouldn't meOWWW so much in the morning. They want to be fed the second I walk down the hall-way. They care not if I have a cup of coffee first, or start a load of clothes. Yesterday morning I decided that they would get canned cat food. While opening the can, I sliced my hand somewhere in between my thumb and pointing finger. I saw how deep it was, put the food in the dish outside, came inside and fed the inside cat, poured soap on the wound and washed it up..... then went and got Olivia. She was my nurse. I needed a nurse.
There is nothing that makes me weaker and sicker than a cut or a loose tooth on a kid. I proceeded to break out in a cold sweat and all sorts of other unpleasant things. I didn't want to go for stitches. I guess we will see if my diagnosis was a good one or not.
Now I can't get that hand wet without extreme pain. That means I can't wash dishes. I was honestly enjoying that new part of my life! We got rid of our dishwasher.....since that was my bright idea, I have taken it upon myself to wash a majority of the dishes. And I'm liking it. But I guess I'm getting a break already. Olivia made my recipe tonight......Benjamin Bunny Stew. I was very excited to make it......but I can't hold a carrot and cut it up right now. Or anything else.
The kids reminded me right at the beginning that I should be thankful that it was my left hand that got sliced, and not my right.
I'm kind of mad at the cats right now. I'm sure I'll get over it, but I'm not opening another can of cat food until I'm totally better.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

joy said…
Ouch! I have cut myself on a can lid before too! It was a can of refried beans :o)

I hope it isnt too deep. Got some neosporin handy? :o)
Anonymous said…
OOOOOOHHHHH. Not fun. It puts me in mind of the time I cut my thumb badly...cut the tendon...had to have surgery or lose the movement of my thumb.
Be careful. You will find out this week how many things you use that part of your hand for...
At least you can still do laundry with one hand, but give yourself extra time...
Mo said…
I'm putting antibiotic ointment on it.......it looks worse than it hurts right now....but the cut is not closing up at all.
James McEntire said…
Remember Pavlov's dog? There is a reason the cats meow so loudly the minute she walks down the hall in the morning.
Pen of Jen said…
Sorry about the cut...I used to own a can opener that removed the lid without having sharp edges...but when we moved to NM I misplaced it.
No stitches I pray!?
Mo said…
I maybe should have gotten one or two stitches.
The cut is looking very nice today....things are healing up nice.
And another thing, I wouldn't have an electric can opener in the house, even if it were purple.
Wings As Eagles said…
When I cut my finger with an knife while cutting bread, I had an open cut that would always open and flap when I would do anything, even washing the dishes. My brother (who is a redneck) told me to put superglue on it. I did. It sealed up the cut where the bandaid wouldn't and it healed rather nicely. My mom couldn't believe that I actually did. I was frustrated and thought I would give it a go.
Mo said…
I've heard of the Super Glue fix.....I'm not quite there yet! I'm going to baby it another couple of days and see how it does.

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!