Skip to main content

Fat Squares


Fat Squares, now who in the world thought that up? I tell you this, they sure make their money on it........you buy this tiny little piece of fabric for $2.50 and really think you're getting something. I guess the fabric piece is big enough to make a pocket.
I got this at the quilt show I went to on Thursday. It was sooooooooooooooooooooo fun to be there and see all the quilts in real life, the ones you usually just see in books and on the internet. I also bought some pink buttons. I never have pink buttons for projects. I got a quilt charm.......and since I don't have a bracelet, I put it on my Mount Vernon heart necklace. They make a pleasant little 'chink' when they hit each other.
The buttons were 5/$1.00. I would still be there looking at them. I just love buttons.........
The far left fat square is the one Kimberly picked out. The second is for a project I'd like to make for somebody. The third is just fun thimbles on purple. The fourth is kind of hard to see, but it's wispy birds. I love the snowflakes on the 5th. Wouldn't it be dreamy to have a jumper out of this? IF I sewed one, it would probably just melt down here.
Do any of YOU love fabric or collect buttons?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

I am so lucky! our little store here makes their own fat quarters and they sell them for next to nothing! And they make fabric strips 5 for a dollar too!
Anonymous said…
may i see the wispy birds better?
i like birds. ;)

MamaRobinlama
Anonymous said…
pink buttons, huh?
I just went to a yard sale (yes we still go when the snow is on the ground) and found a card of pink buttons. I picked them up, said to self, "Self, Mo would like to have these..." and threw them in my box of goodies to purchase. Soooooo, next time something comes your way.......
just plain pearly pink ones...
Mo said…
I can't believe it! Your oldest daughter got me my last pink buttons! I do NOT know why I am always out.
Chas said…
Me, me, me!!!!
I LOVE fabric, I love unusual buttons and this and that, rick rack and ribbon and all that jazz!
:)
SO pretty!!! ALL of them!
Love,
Chas
Harfang said…
I make tarot-deck bags. Fat squares normally yield about 4 bags, so at $1.29 for 100% cotton (at Hancock Fabrics, in the U. S.) they're extremely worth it. My only complaint is that Hancock doesn't sell them online. If the Hancock near me only has stupid fabrics available as squares, and I need more patterns, I'd have to go on eBay to get more. And hey -- if anyone knows a good source, a shout out would be great, I'll watch this thread (no pun intended)! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!