Skip to main content

My latest deal...............

I hardly ever go to e-bay, but I did the other day to look at 'vintage' kitchen canisters. I LOVE the silver ones with the copper lids..........and lots of others. I didn't know they actually made canisters out of CHROME! After looking at them on e-bay, I informed my family that I was going to go to my favorite thrift store and buy a set. I didn't get any the actual day of my announcement, but soon after that I did!
These 4 came to $3.75. They were not sitting together so I didn't think when I picked up the 'sugar' that I was going to get the whole set. It was like looking for Easter Eggs..........only you usually don't have to PAY when you find the eggs. This isn't exactly the color I was looking for, but it will do for my new kitchen. Actually, a robin egg blue would have been perfect............
I was wondering the other day.......what IS it that attracts us to old things? Why do we just like to have things like this in our home? Old doilies are better than new ones, same with quilts and rocking chairs. Do these things make us think back to our Granny and Grandma cooking? doing embroidery? sitting at the sewing machine making another quilt? rocking in an old chair? I don't know, but I DO like old things better than new. It is a challenge to find things I collect........but IF you want to take me to Dillard's, I won't say no.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. This comment is for Lydia.
Thanks for your comment! I got that video at www.greathomeschoolvideos.com
They haven't posted many of those so you might just have to watch something else!
Amy
Chas said…
Hi there Mrs. Mo!
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the LOVE of the old things!
I think it may be because of the history (whether we know it's history or not), we know it HAS history. We see character and beauty of the past and know that it has been used and sometimes loved by others. I know I would almost pick something old over something new just about EVERY day! :)
But I would like a bosch... that kinda defeats the whole purpose, eh? :D
Love,
Chas
Peach said…
I love old stuff, too... but, you won't be twisting my arm off if you want to take me mall shopping. :)
You're so funny!
Hey, I put some farm photos on my blog. I thought they might be of interest to you?
Anonymous said…
ew, I can imagine perfectly what those cannisters feel like, and the icky feeling that goes through my bones when the edge of the lid rubs against the edge of the cannister. (shudder)

you can have 'em. ;P

i like OTHER old things, though.
mirrors
birds' nests
aqua-colored canning jars
:D
Anonymous said…
oops! i forgot to put my name (blush).

Robbin-who-doesn't-like-joggin'
Anonymous said…
they 'feel' beautiful...........

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!