Skip to main content

Redwall Feast




So! We finally did it. We finally bought all of the ingredients to have a feast just like the Redwallers! We have read the books for years and have always enjoyed the parts about eating, so we checked out the official Redwall Cookbook, made a menu, then a grocery list........then we fixed and baked all morning on Saturday. We ate promptly at two! This was our menu: Mushroom Pasties, Deeper-n-Ever Beetroot Pie, Dibbun's Delight, Shrimp Hot Root soup, Apple snow, hare's Paw Spring Vegetable Soup, Crispy Cheese and Onion Bread, October Ale, Loamhedge Legacy Nut Bread, Nunny Molers. I was Lavender the hare mom, James was Lord Winchester Fenwick, Olivia was Marrisa the mousemaid, Daniel was Tango the otter, Kim was Melody the mole and Lydia was Daffodil.......just a Dibbun! I made her a special dress. It had a secret pocket that was supposed to be for the candied nuts,,,,,,,,but as you see they turned out rather sticky and we didn't think it was a good thing to put in a pocket. It was a beautiful Saturday, the sun was shining, there was a cool breeze and nobody was sick for once! We had a very happy day together!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mrs. Mobunny! Hi! It is Chas from the shed! I have been AWOL for a while now since my computer went crazy on me and we went for months without one. You are one of the only ones that I really talked much with on the shed and I wanted to stop by and say hi! I hope you are all well, and if you have a chance come by and visit my blog at www.homesteadblogger.com/chas
Take Care!
Blessings,
Chas
TO BECOME said…
wow!!I am glad you all got to have your feast. I'm not familiar with the "Redwall Feast" but it sounds really neat. Grandma
TO BECOME said…
Lydia, I have been thinking about those strawberries all night. They sure look good. love you, Grandma
Anonymous said…
I think I took a few...... With out asking!!!! And some rasberrys also. I mean that what naughty dibbuns are suposed to do!!


Lydia
Peach said…
Ok, what's with the weird face, Lydia?
Mo, I posted something new on my blogspot... you can comment there! :)
I wanted to tell you that your voice over the phone doesn't sound like I would have thought, after seeing pictures of you... It just doesn't match in my head.. LOL
And... I have NO CLUE who the Redwallers... what books???
I have much knowledge to gain, still...
Kristi said…
Looks like y'all had a lot of fun cooking these recipes. I'm sorry a couple of them didn't turn out the way you had hoped, but I know you had a good time just the same.

~Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...