Skip to main content

the BIG bar

I have never seen anybody doing Formica. I only see the finished product. It was pretty neat to see all the steps. I must admit I missed them cutting the top......but I did see them paint the glue on the board.



Ugh. This is nerve wracking to me........I would never build tall buildings, put more than ONE car on a trailer to transport them from city to city, I'd never make tall slipper slides or 6 foot deep swimming pools, and I HATE people wedging things in doors, dragging things around and moving things that are too big to be moved.





This is on the kitchen side...........we don't want to just paint it, but nobody in the family wants anything weird either.........so we're going to think on it for a while. I already know what I would do......I'd get some thin sheet tin.......cover it just like you would tin foil on a cookie sheet, and screw it on. I think it would look neat, and boy would it ever take the wear and tear! I imagine we will get some kind of wallpaper. Not that we know how to wallpaper...............


This 'new eating table' is huge.......perfect! The cabinets are big enough for 2 grown people to lay down. I can't wait to fill them up!
(this side will wait to get painted or whatever also.....we're doing the dining room in 'Autumn', so we need to wait.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Pen of Jen said…
love love love all the changes!

If you wait a bit, you may get an idea...from what we are going to do behind the woodstove. I plan on trying to finish next weekend. It is sooo easy and rustic and fun!

Jennifer
Mo said…
I'll be watching........
Jen said…
I agree that the tin would look neat too - or some of the patterned tin that they use on ceilings (this is what I want as my backsplash). Another idea (what my parents have done, and what we plan to do on our plain exposed bottom cupboards), is to put up some of the "bead board" (its what we call it up here) - that's the boards you have up on your walls that are yellow.

Jen (used to be cloth_doll at the Shed)
Mo said…
I like the thought of deco-tin.

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...