Skip to main content

Lydia's School-------History and Bible


Peep Behind the Scenes......from D.L. Moody $5.95
To say the least, this is good literature.
A Family Secret, Vanity Fair, Skirrywinks, In Sight of Home.........I'm not sure what I will do with this book......whether to just let her read it, do it with her, or write out questions for her.

Do You KNow the Answer? from Rod and Staff $6.05
This is a Bible Quiz book. Who am I? I lived in the land of Uz. the Bible says that I feared God and eschewed evil.
(page 73) How many tribes were there in Israel? How many years of famine wee there in Egypt?
I hope to be a good teacher and do this with her.

The Bible Alphabet of Animals......each letter has an animal and a chapter. nighthawk, camel, kite, peacock, scorpion, unicorn.........
Lydia will probably have a notebook for this book......read it and then record what she learned.

Polite Moments is from Plain Path Publishers......each page has a verse and instruction. I love books that have well formed chapters and ones that will zero in on ONE thing......
I must be about my Father's business......The affairs of this life.....Without me ye can do nothing............

Proverbs People book 2.......Lydia did book 1 last year. available from www.thelearningparent.com
From the book we will learn about being humble, trusting, the angry man, contentment....to name a few.
Short questions and a place for the answer. Just what I like. this is a consumable workbook, but if you have 39 kids, the first 38 won't write in it.....then the last one can.

Daily Life in a Victorian House & Daily Life on a Southern Plantation are by two different authors, but written for the same company. There are real pictures in these books and lots of good information. Lydia will read these books and report what she learned.

A Child's Story of America....from Columbus to the Calling Back of America! She will read the chapters........she may or may not have to answer questions.

History and Bible!!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

The winner has been chosen.........Lisa!!!!!

5 holiday fabrics (snowflakes, snowmen, hearts, mittens, ice skates, poinsettia, holly, country print) lace ric-rac buttons (lots) tag that says MO made it long ties fits most everybody (unless the Jolly Green Giant leaves a comment) the pocket is possibly large enough for a kitten........... All you have to do is this........ ************leave a comment....... the comment has to be a sentence with the word BUNNY*************** I will choose a name Tuesday evening...........and mail it as soon as I get the winner's address! So, if you want an apron made by Mrs. SewBunny for the holidays.........leave a comment! (just make sure you use the word BUNNY in the comment) the winner is LISA!!!!!!!!!!!1