Skip to main content

Lydia's School-------English, Spelling, Health

I don't know if we will get around to the Abeka health book. It has a workbook with it.......I might just have Lydia read this book and if something strikes her, like a knee bone, we will do further reading.

The Language Helps book is from 1928.......this could be a very interesting book.........morals have changed in this country. I guess I will see if English has too!

Language 3 is from Abeka also.........it has grammar, creative writing skills (of which Lydia does not need) and dictionary skills. Lots of fill in the blank work. I don't know for sure how far we will go with grammar this year.......there's plenty of time for that later on.

I'm not too pleased with her spelling books. She has the rest of an undone workbook from last year, some workbooks from Abeka and a Word Book. I will have to do some thinking on this subject. I jot down the words Lydia spells wrong in her work, then I have her copy them and learn them correctly......

Spelling, health and English..........
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hmmmmmmmmmmm

what's wrong with this picture? (click on the picture and it will enlarge....)

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                       ...

this and that

So, I get up this morning, and the rag-rug fairy tied all my rag-rug pieces together and had them wound in a nice ball.  I think I will leave more out tonight and see if it can happen again. OK.  I like Ross now.  These shoes were $1.49.  Purple velvet DUCK SHOES.  IN MY SIZE.  My plans are to go into that store every time I get groceries from now on.  Can't beat $1.49 for some of the neatest shoes in the world. I have seen this in a couple of places on blogs and the internet in general.  I was fully planning on ordering one....but our Kroger store had them for $12 something.  We've made 6 or 7 cups of coffee with this in our K-pot....and I am tickled to have it. I can now buy fun kinds of ground coffee.....not to say that Wal-Mart store brand decaff is a fun brand, but it's what I always used to drink.  And I lived. These are useful, not beautiful.  I need useful when I garden.  I bought some very low cost sni...