Monday, August 15

a Tupperware thrill


I have a little Snoopy book I keep track of things in.  I write notes, titles of books, things I want to buy, things I need to do........and one of the things in that little book was to find a popsicle  maker for Lydia.  She loves to eat freezy things and I thought it would be nice to *make* our own.  I REALLY wanted the Tupperware kind, the kind we had when I was a kid.  OK, it took about a month, but WA-LA!  there it was! in my favorite thrift store for 75-cents.  I didn't buy strawberries at HEB like I should have and Kroger was totally out of them........and I was in too big of a hurry to buy them at Wal-Mart the last time we were there........but I will get some and make some glorious popsicles, REAL ones.  I can't wait.
If you have a favorite recipe for just this very thing........tell me about it.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those! How fun!! I just let the kids pour juice in the ice cube trays and then plop the cubes in a cup and send them outside (The kids, not the cubes). Remember Tupperware Shape-O balls? Did you have one for your babies, Mo? Classic!

MamaBirdyLama

Heather McEntire said...

AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
we had those EXACT popsicle molds when i was a kid!!!!!
of course, all of our popsicle 'sticks' were covered in chew marks. gross.

Ginger, yes the Ginger said...

Oh, that would THRILL my soul! I love me some tupperware!

Anonymous said...

I remember the popcicle's I made when I had them, can you believe I actually got rid of them? they were probably worn out. I used root beer in them, give that a try! Kristi

Mrs. Mobunny said...

Root beer sounds fun.....got some strawberries today to go that direction.

Jersey Mama said...

We had those when I was a kid! My mom froze juice in them. The sticks were all chewed up too, hahaha. I bought some popsicle molds at Target, not like the Tupperware ones but they'll do. I should make watermelon ones, yum!

Mrs. Mobunny said...

do not chew on the sticks, do not chew on the sticks.........

Sara said...

If you ever have another Wa-La moment, get one for me too! The kids would love them!