Thursday, August 25

REAL popcorn




Just google recipes, or crafts, or gardens..........and you will see that there would be enough things to keep you busy for the next 173 years.  You have to keep your wits about you when you become overwhelmed with so many fun things to do and try.  But, you must TRY a few things.  Don't ignore it all because you can only do a few things with your own pantry and craft cabinet.  I chose to try this because I have been using microwave popcorn.  Honestly, people ought to get a prescription for that stuff with all the weird ingredients.
I stirred a tiny bit of oil into the popcorn, put it in the sack, popped it, enjoyed it.
Thanks Mrs. B. 
What moves you to action?  What have you tried lately that was brand new to you?  Who or what has inspired you to try a new thing?

6 comments:

Mud Boot Mama said...

Mmm! PoPcOrN! We eat it almost everyday. We cook it on the stove top though, no microwave. Well, we have a microwave but it doesn't work... it's where we store pan lids, honey and candles. We recently tried our popcorn with garlic salt. Kind of tasty really.

Mrs. Mobunny said...

I like a sprinkle of sugar on mine.

Grammie Kim said...

FUN! REALLY? I will have to figure that one out...you know how long it takes me to try something new. (eyeroll)

Michele@A Quiet Gracious Life said...

You're welcome! I was so glad I found this and no longer have to purchase microwave popcorn. Just and FYI, you don't need to add the oil for it to work, it will work just fine without it. :o)

Humble wife said...

Most times we cook it on the stove...but if I microwave it, I use a lunch sack and fold it over three times adding enough kernels to cover the bottom of the bag, no oil etc.

Mrs. Mobunny said...

I use just a little bit of oil because it helps the salt and sugar stick to the popcorn instead of ending up in the bottom of the bowl.